It’s yet another gloomy and rainy day here in Ohio. While I admit these are my favorite kind of days, I must also admit that I’d really like some warm sunny days. I am really excited to take H for a walk in her stroller and have her actually NOTICE what’s around her. (Unlike the walks we took last August/September, when she was 2 months old.)
With it being rainy again…I have no set topic. Let’s go with a standard Ten Thought Tuesday. Here goes….
1. I am EXHAUSTED today. I had to put H to bed 4 times last night. At least the first 3, D and I were still up for. But #4 was just after midnight. I came to the conclusion it was a combination of tooth-pain and gas. Tylenol at wake-up #3, about 10pm, allowed her to sleep for over 2 hours. The last one though, I held her so her head was against my chest and her legs pulled up. I rocked her like that for about 15 minutes, and she let off alot of baby gas and fell asleep. So there you go.
2. Did I mention it’s raining AGAIN?
3. We have a neighbor. I think I’ve talked about her before. Mama Bird, we call her. She made a nest at the top of one of our porch posts last Spring. D took the empty nest down in the Fall. We figured that was that, but no…she’s back this year. So pretty to watch her sitting up there.
4. My sister, C, and I appear to be getting back into the genealogy research. We haven’t done much on it in 6+ years. With luck, more records will have been digitized and we’ll have some better luck. I love the thrill I get when I find a new piece of information. It’s such a nice high. But the lows associated with being “stuck” on a line just SUCK BIGTIME. May sound weird, but keep in mind, I was an english lit minor and my sister was a history major in college. Research is not foreign to us.
5. I need to dust this house. I hate dusting. It is THE single cleaning job I dislike the most. I’ll even clean our bathrooms before I’ll dust. (As evidenced by my cleaning this past weekend. Clean bathrooms…no dusting.) But really, I should dust more than 3 times a year, don’t you think?
6. H is napping. Why does it take 3 repositionings, 3 put-the-binkie-back-in-her-mouth, before she actually falls asleep? It’s kinda funny. Each naptime, it takes 3 tries.
7. Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day. Are you ready? I must print some pictures.
8. I am hearing strange banging noises from outside. Very odd. Maintenance people, if you are nearby…go away. Baby is sleeping.
9. H is really close to crawling. I don’t know if she’ll actually do it. She’s decided she likes to stand…if we hold her up. She doesn’t want to stand up herself. Just like she enjoys sitting, if we put her there. She doesn’t want to move into the sitting position by herself. So I’ve decided to leave her laying down, rolling around. Just like she finally decided that being on her tummy was ok, she will eventually decide that she’d rather be in a sitting position and put herself that way. She’s my kid. Why should she learn to do it herself if someone else will do it for her? Exactly.
10. We had low-cal chili cheese dogs for dinner last night. That means Lite Hotdog Buns, Oscar Meyer’s 98% Fat Free hot dogs, 1 can of 98% Fat Free Turkey Chili (Hormel), and Reduced Fat Cheddar & Monterrey Jack cheese (Sargento). Oh, and I baked some Orida fries in the oven and made some vegetarian baked beans for myself. It was quite tasty. You feel like you’re being really bad…with not nearly as much fat.