Five random thoughts for this Friday evening….
1. My black cat, Elune…Elly…tried to kill HC’s remote control helicopter that my mom got him for Christmas a couple years ago. Just now. She kicked it off the top of the 7ft tall bookcase. He doesn’t know yet. He’s walking the dog. I have left the evidence on the office floor.
2. There has been one adorable onesie that I have wanted to get DC into since I got it. My friend gave it to her at the Baby Shower. It’s this cute thing covered in alternating thin horizontal stripes of hot pink, lime green, bright blue, yellow, light pink….some black I think…and it has a hot pink fabric rose on the upper left-hand chest area. It’s just so bright and non-baby colors. I LOVE it. The thing is, it says it’s newborn. When my tiny baby could only fit in newborn clothing for the first 6 weeks, I put this thing on her. It came down to her knees! That’s not newborn! So I’ve waited it out. Finally, now that she’s in 3 month sizes, the thing FITS. She is wearing it now. So cute!
3. Blue Man Group is next weekend! I am SO GEEKED OUT! Second row tickets! We get to wear rain gear! And HC is taking me to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe! Where I can feed my pin obsession! (Shut up. I collect Hard Rock Cafe and Disney pins. They’re shiny. They don’t take up much space. And they’re shiny. )
4. I was scoping out Target tonight, in the Halloween section. Not for costumes. I have to order something for DC, because nobody carries wee-tiny baby sizes in the stores. No, I was scoping out the decorations. Every year I want to decorate my outside for Halloween, and I never do. Oh I decorate the inside up a bit. But I can never find what I like for the outside. This year I was really wanting to get some lights for outside. I had 2 packages of green, purple, and orange LED lights in my cart. Then I put them down at the last minute. I thought once I had the formula, milk, weight watchers breakfast sandwiches, laundry detergent, and my WoW prepaid game card, the cost of the lights was just too much on top of that. Sigh. Some day.
5. I am behind in the laundry. I wanted to play some WoW. I have my mage that’s still not 80, and I have a baby Pally that I really wanted to get up closer to 80 before Cataclysm. But am I doing that? No. I have to play the responsible adult and wash the baby bedding that was the victim of a leaky diaper last night. And I’m out of comfy fleecy pants. I can’t start the weekend with all my fleecy pants dirty. That won’t do at ALL. So…off I go. Where’s my wash basket….